TSM-12 Benchtop Pocket Cutter Machine
The TSM-12 benchtop pocket cutter machine routs the 6 degree, low-angle Castle Pocket with no tear out in less than 2 seconds. The superior low screw angle minimizes joint shift while providing strong, stable joints. Because the TSM-12 uses standard 110V electric, and does not require any shop air, it’s ideal for jobsites, small shops, or the weekend woodworker. Each TSM-12 is equipped with a Bosch 1617 Router with a 3/8” three-flute solid carbide router bit for cutting the pocket and a Bosch Colt Router with a 9/64” premium drill bit for drilling the pilot hole. The TSM-12 comes ready-to-go and delivers Castle quality with every pocket it cuts.
Features and Benefits include:
- Cuts the Castle low-angle pocket, for strong, stable, tight, and superior joints
- Equipped with:
- Bosch 1617 Router with a 3/8” three-flute solid carbide router bit for cutting the pocket
- Bosch Colt Router with a 9/64” premium drill bit for drilling the pilot hole
- Low-angle pockets minimize the need for clamping during assembly
- Wider throat opening for thicker stock – accommodates stock from 1/2"to 1-1/2" thick
- Adjustable web for handling various pocket screw lengths
- Integral work clamp and pocket cutting lever are ergonomically positioned for fast pocket cutting
- Integrated, 4” and Shop Vac dust ports for minimizing dust and debris
- Easy maintenance and bit changing
- Requires only basic, 110V power
- Durable, solid surface work top
- TSM-12 comes fully assembled, factory tested, and ready to work
- Router: Bosch 2.0hp #1617 Router Motor
- Drill: Bosch Colt 1.0hp #PR20EVS
- Router Bit: Premium 3/8” Solid Carbide, Rough Mill
- Drill bit: 9/64” Brad and Spur Premium TiN-Coated Bit
- Power req: 110V, 15 amps
- Shipping weight: 65 lbs
- Footprint: 13.5W x 20L x 20H
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
One word, amazing. Such a pleasure to operate with first class results. Thanks Castle for a world class machine. Quality American made.
Big shop or just a retired old geezer like me, this tool is a must. Highest quality tools. These people do it right.
I LOVE this machine. I'm muscle challenged (weak) and this is a breeze. The pockets are smooth and perfect every time with little effort. The initial set up was not quite as easy as advertised but now that it's up and running, it's wonderful.
This is a great machine, everything I expected.
The TSM-12 pocket hole cutter machine is a fun and efficient tool to own. Always a thrill to pull the lever and listen to how quick the machine cuts and drills a perfect clean pocket hole in one step in just a few seconds.
This machine was easy to set up and performs well. The low angle hole has much less creep when driving fasteners than my Kreg jigs. It is very convenient to have a machine on standby ready to cut a pocket at any time, rather than having to get out a bunch of stuff every time. This has sped up my building process which in turn makes me more profitable. I hope to be able to get a floor model in the future.
Owned the porter cable version of this tool for 18 years,. Clamp on this castle model does not stay tight and it's really blocking the sightlines to the work piece. Other than that , very satisfied with the tool after using it for a set of kitchen cabinet face frames. Own a small cabinet shop so this is not for hobbies
I had a similar one made by Porter Cable years ago. Porter Cable had discontinued theirs so I was using a Kreg jig. I wasnt happy with the results and began to research pocket hole machines. Castle is the only brand I found that actually uses a router and drill motor separately. This produces the best and cleanest pocket hole. I received my machine promptly, it was packaged neatly and the setup wasnt difficult. The simplicity is its best feature. It is built almost completely of steel. The routers are easily replaced and found almost at any boxstore. The pockets are clean and the hole for the screw precise and clean. Very happy all around. Mike
I recently purchased a tsm-12 pocket hole machine and can honestly say that this machine is far superior to any other pocket machine on the market. The 2 router setup makes for a perfectly clean cut and the fact that the drill bit enters through the edge of the board is a game changer..not my first Castle purchase...and definently not my last..awesome customer service and made in the USA..absolutely phenomenal products!