TSM-12 Benchtop Pocket Cutter Machine
The TSM-12 benchtop pocket cutter machine routs the 6 degree, low-angle Castle Pocket with no tear out in less than 2 seconds. The superior low screw angle minimizes joint shift while providing strong, stable joints. Because the TSM-12 uses standard 110V electric, and does not require any shop air, it’s ideal for jobsites, small shops, or the weekend woodworker. Each TSM-12 is equipped with a Bosch 1617 Router with a 3/8” three-flute solid carbide router bit for cutting the pocket and a Bosch Colt Router with a 9/64” premium drill bit for drilling the pilot hole. The TSM-12 comes ready-to-go and delivers Castle quality with every pocket it cuts.
Features and Benefits include:
- Cuts the Castle low-angle pocket, for strong, stable, tight, and superior joints
- Equipped with:
- Bosch 1617 Router with a 3/8” three-flute solid carbide router bit for cutting the pocket
- Bosch Colt Router with a 9/64” premium drill bit for drilling the pilot hole
- Low-angle pockets minimize the need for clamping during assembly
- Wider throat opening for thicker stock – accommodates stock from 1/2"to 1-1/2" thick
- Adjustable web for handling various pocket screw lengths
- Integral work clamp and pocket cutting lever are ergonomically positioned for fast pocket cutting
- Integrated, 4” and Shop Vac dust ports for minimizing dust and debris
- Easy maintenance and bit changing
- Requires only basic, 110V power
- Durable, solid surface work top
- TSM-12 comes fully assembled, factory tested, and ready to work
- Router: Bosch 2.0hp #1617 Router Motor
- Drill: Bosch Colt 1.0hp #PR20EVS
- Router Bit: Premium 3/8” Solid Carbide, Rough Mill
- Drill bit: 9/64” Brad and Spur Premium TiN-Coated Bit
- Power req: 110V, 15 amps
- Shipping weight: 65 lbs
- Footprint: 13.5W x 20L x 20H
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Project Breakdown - Building a Cabinet Box with a Face Frame
In this video I break down the process of building a cabinet b...
Build a Rolling Tool Stand
In this video I build a rolling tool stand for my Castle TSM-1...
TSM 12 Pocket Cutter Machine Work Flow
Tune in to learn all about how to use your TSM-12 more efficie...
12 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
THIS IS THE BEST OTHER DO NOT COME CLOSE. I AM TOTALLY HAPPY I GOT THIS. THANK YOU FOR INVENTING THIS UNIT.
I wish it would have been an easier setup. I ended up breaking the u-bolt that holds the main router because I was trying to follow the directions. It said to tighten the 7/16 nut at the same time I tightened the knob. But I’m guessing they didn’t mean the nut holding the u-bolt because it seemed pretty tight right before it snapped. There were enough threads that I was able to reconnect it and get the router installed, but I still don’t know what 7/16 nut they were referring too. I was able to finally set it up, but knowing it broke because I was trying to follow the directions was upsetting. But the machine runs awesome now. --- Don, Glad you got the TSM-12 working fine! Thanks for pointing out your issue. We'll be working on a video to help explain that portion clearer. Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks, Castle Team
One word, amazing. Such a pleasure to operate with first class results. Thanks Castle for a world class machine. Quality American made.
Big shop or just a retired old geezer like me, this tool is a must. Highest quality tools. These people do it right.
I LOVE this machine. I'm muscle challenged (weak) and this is a breeze. The pockets are smooth and perfect every time with little effort. The initial set up was not quite as easy as advertised but now that it's up and running, it's wonderful.
This is a great machine, everything I expected.
The TSM-12 pocket hole cutter machine is a fun and efficient tool to own. Always a thrill to pull the lever and listen to how quick the machine cuts and drills a perfect clean pocket hole in one step in just a few seconds.
This machine was easy to set up and performs well. The low angle hole has much less creep when driving fasteners than my Kreg jigs. It is very convenient to have a machine on standby ready to cut a pocket at any time, rather than having to get out a bunch of stuff every time. This has sped up my building process which in turn makes me more profitable. I hope to be able to get a floor model in the future.
Owned the porter cable version of this tool for 18 years,. Clamp on this castle model does not stay tight and it's really blocking the sightlines to the work piece. Other than that , very satisfied with the tool after using it for a set of kitchen cabinet face frames. Own a small cabinet shop so this is not for hobbies