CSI 1.5D Pocket Cutter/Screw Inserter Machine
Castle’s CSI-1.5D Pocket Cutter/Screw Inserter Pocket cuts pockets and inserts screws in one step. Our patented technology reduces assembly time by 50%. The CSI-1.5D produces stackable parts in faster production times, reduces waste, and eliminates non-value-added labor in high-capacity production joinery.
Pockets with screws, delivered! With the patented Screw-In-Pocket (SIP) technology, CSI-1.5D cuts Castle’s distinctive, low-angle screw pocket, drills a low-angle pilot hole and inserts a flush screw - all in 1.5 seconds.
Use the CSI-1.5D with composites, panel and hard or soft wood.
*Ask us about our new CSI program, “Try It First”, where you can use the CSI 1.5D for two months without having to pay for the machine! Yes, we’re that confident you will love what the CSI does for your bottom line. Contact us today to learn more: sales @castleusa.com
For best results with the CSI, modified pan head screws are recommended.
Features and Benefits include:
- Pocket cutter and screw inserter in one step - patented technology reduces assembly time by 50%
- Cuts the Castle low-angle pocket, for strong, stable, tight, and superior joints
- Cuts pockets and inserts screws in 1.5 seconds, eliminating non-value-adding labor
- Designed for high-capacity, continuous production joinery for maximum throughput of stackable parts
- Low-angle pockets minimize the need for clamping during assembly
- Footswitch with automated operation is simple and easy to use
- CSI-1.5D comes ready to work for fast integration
- Customizable work decks and flip stops for efficient and accurate material alignment
- Air table option - perfect for panel and large part production
- Manufactured in the USA
U.S. Patent #6,877,536 | Canadian Patent #2,456,044
Castle’s CSI-1.5D Pocket Cutter/Screw Inserter has a super heavy-duty, robust build. It is designed for continuous production, requiring simple, routine maintenance so that down time is minimized.
Detailed Benefits & Design Features:
- 1.5 second, single operation pocket cutting and screw insertion
- Inserted Screws are below flush – parts can be stacked without marring
- Works with 1-1/4” or 1-1/2” pocket screws Shop Castle screws
- “Pocket Detect” sensing prevents loaded-pocket, cutting errors
- Easy access to carriages for quick tooling changes (Part C55850 - CSI Universal Screw Tube Plate)
- Adjustable router feed rate optimizes quality and cycle time for various materials
- Includes premium solid carbide router bit, drill bit, and dust collection port
- Also Available:
- Optional air table specifically designed for the CSI 1.5D, for panel/large part processing; runs on 230V or 460V and extends the work surface on either side to 59"
- Customizable work decks and work stops for efficient and accurate material alignment
- Siemens LOGO! PLC controls
- LCD status display with cycle counter
- Variable frequency drive
- Teknomotor .44HP 220/380V 18000 RPM drill spindle
- Teknomotor 2.7 HP 220V OR 460V 18000 RPM router spindle
- Castle screw delivery system w/vibratory feeder bowl level sensor
- Heavy duty, Parker Viking Xtreme Series valves w/manual override
- Electrical: 230V or 460V/3Ph/20 AMP/60hZ/3 hp Auxiliary 120 VAC supply for screw feeder
- Air: 85 psi with minimum 3/8” ID supply line
- Dust collection: 4” duct port
- REQ CFM: 350 CFM with 4” dust collection
- Footprint: 35” x 33” (35” x 63” including Screw Feeder)
- Working Height: 36”
- Machine Height: 72”
- Worktop Area: 33” x 35”
- Shipping Weight: 1085 LBS.
- Manufactured in the USA
*Actual brands and models are dependent on 3rd party suppliers.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
CSI 1.5D Screw Delivery System (SDS)
Castle’s CSI-1.5D Pocket Cutter/Screw Inserter saves time, red...
How to operate the CSI Air Table
In this video, Glyn from Castle will walk you through how to o...
Castle CSI 1.5 D at Custom Craft Cabinets
Max Durney takes you on a quick tour of Custom Craft Cabinets ...
Castle ACPI Visit
Castle Inc. CSI 1.5 D Screw pocket machine. Cuts a Pocket, dri...
Amazing CSI 1.5D Operator at Masterwrap
Castle CSI 1.5 D on the Job at Masterwrap. To learn more abo...