CSI 1.5D Pocket Cutter/Screw Inserter Machine
Castle’s CSI-1.5D Pocket Cutter/Screw Inserter saves time, reduces waste, and eliminates non-value-added labor in high-capacity production joinery. Pockets with screws, delivered! Using patented Screw-In-Pocket (SIP) technology, CSI-1.5D cuts Castle’s distinctive, low-angle screw pocket, drills a low-angle pilot hole and inserts a flush screw - all in 1.5 seconds. CSI-1.5D provides stackable parts in faster production times by eliminating screw handling at assembly.
Use the CSI-1.5D with composites, panel and hard or soft wood.
For best results with the CSI, modified pan head screws are recommended.
Features and Benefits include:
- Pocket cutter and screw inserter in one step - patented technology reduces assembly time by 50%
- Cuts the Castle low-angle pocket, for strong, stable, tight, and superior joints
- Cuts pockets and inserts screws in 1.5 seconds, eliminating non-value-adding labor
- Designed for high-capacity, continuous production joinery for maximum throughput of stackable parts
- Low-angle pockets minimize the need for clamping during assembly
- Footswitch with automated operation is simple and easy to use
- CSI-1.5D comes ready to work for fast integration
- Customizable work decks and flip stops
- Air table option - perfect for panel and large part production
- Manufactured in the USA
U.S. Patent #6,877,536 | Canadian Patent #2,456,044
Castle’s CSI-1.5D Pocket Cutter/Screw Inserter has a super heavy-duty, robust build. It is designed for continuous production, requiring simple, routine maintenance so that down time is minimized.
Detailed Benefits & Design Features:
- 1.5 second, single operation pocket cutting and screw insertion
- Inserted Screws are below flush – parts can be stacked without marring
- Works with 1-1/4” or 1-1/2” pocket screws Shop Castle screws
- “Pocket Detect” sensing prevents loaded-pocket, cutting errors
- Easy access to carriages for quick tooling changes (Part C55850 - CSI Universal Screw Tube Plate)
- Adjustable router feed rate optimizes quality and cycle time for various materials
- Includes solid carbide router bit, drill bit, and dust collection port
- Phenolic worktop and screw feeder platform
- Customized work deck and flip stops are available
- Optional air table specifically designed for the CSI 1.5D is available for panel/large part processing, runs on 230V or 460V and extends the work surface on either side to 59”
- Siemens LOGO! PLC controls
- LCD status display with cycle counter
- Variable frequency drive
- Teknomotor .44HP 220/380V 18000 RPM drill spindle
- Teknomotor 2.7 HP 220V OR 460V 18000 RPM router spindle
- Castle screw delivery system w/vibratory feeder bowl level sensor
- Heavy duty, Parker Viking Xtreme Series valves w/manual override
- Electrical: 230V or 460V/3Ph/20 AMP/60hZ/3 hp Auxiliary 120 VAC supply for screw feeder
- Air: 85 psi with minimum 3/8” ID supply line
- Dust collection: 4” duct port
- REQ CFM: 350 CFM with 4” dust collection
- Footprint: 35” x 33” (35” x 63” including Screw Feeder)
- Working Height: 36”
- Machine Height: 72”
- Worktop Area: 33” x 35”
- Shipping Weight: 1025 LBS.
- Manufactured in the USA
*Actual brands and models are dependent on 3rd party suppliers.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
CSI 1.5D Screw Delivery System (SDS)
Castle’s CSI-1.5D Pocket Cutter/Screw Inserter saves time, red...
How to operate the CSI Air Table
In this video, Glyn from Castle will walk you through how to o...
Castle CSI 1.5 D at Custom Craft Cabinets
Max Durney takes you on a quick tour of Custom Craft Cabinets ...
Castle ACPI Visit
Castle Inc. CSI 1.5 D Screw pocket machine. Cuts a Pocket, dri...
Amazing CSI 1.5D Operator at Masterwrap
Castle CSI 1.5 D on the Job at Masterwrap. To learn more abo...